Tuesday, May 15, 2007

"So, you say she likes the swing."

*scroll down for DWTS and The Bachelor recaps
My church recently started a 5 day a week child care for employees. It's one of the greatest things because my baby can be right down the hallway all day and I can go check on her anytime and eat lunch with her. I only work 2 1/2 days a week and my mom watches Ella, but since this child care started, I wanted at least one day my baby was right there at work with me. So Heath and I decided Wednesdays would be that day. Plus it gives Ella a chance to play with other babies and do fun activities throughout the day. Hopefully it will also release her of her major stranger anxiety stage she is in.

ANYWAY, last Wednesday was her first day. The teachers at the end of the day give the parent a written schedule of what they did that day, including diaper changes. This is exactly what Ella's said:

Played in swing. 8:30
Fell asleep in swing 9:35 - 10:30
Bottle 10:30
Wanted back in swing 11:00
We tried to take her out of swing to play, but she wanted to swing.
Mom came for lunch 12:00
Played, climbed on foam shapes 1:00
Napped in swing 2:10 - 2:40.
Napped more in swing 2:55 - 3:50.
Snack 3:55. (not in swing)

"So I'm sorry, did you say she spent some time in the swing?"

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That's so funny! I was in there the other day when they tried to take her out and she pushed the tray back down right away so she could stay in. I love that little girl so much.

Liz Ferguson said...

That is really cute! Sounds as if she loves the swing. :)

I saw your comment on "the Princess Diaries" blog. I had to stop over and "meet you". My best friend's name is Janel(spelled a little different than you) and her daughter's name is Ella. I thought it was funny.

Anyway, nice to "meet" you. You have a very sweet family.

Linda D said...

HOw funny!!! Does she like swinging this much at home?? I am going to add a link to you on my blog!! That's weird about three months ago Hannah would scream bloody murder in the nursery. I was beginning to get embarassed. Then all on her own she just came out of that stage. Now she will go in there and play and wave bye! also, she will go to just about anyone....well, she will do her shy act, but she quickly warms up. so maybe it will pass! oh and yeah we are expecting number 2! i am four months along and still sick! but i was sick nine months with hannah. i am okay until i have a long day with hannah and then i kinda start to dread the fall when i will have a newborn and a toddler running around. but, I know I will be fine.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

I'm so jealous....I wish Ava still loved the swing!

MamaCass said...

Sounds like the swing is her comfort zone. She was in it when I worked in the nursery on Sunday and was perfectly happy. so cute.