Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Ella Update!

*For DWTS and The Bachelor recaps, scroll down*

Thank you guys so much for your concern, thoughts and prayers! Ella is doing much better. She has almost made a full recovery! Friday was another pretty rough day. But Saturday she woke up a little better, Sunday even better, and Monday she was back to her old self. It was so great to finally see a smile on Sunday. I had missed that more than anything! I was telling some friends, it's really hard being a parent. When I was pregnant and trying to imagine the trials of a parent I was thinking more future, like when she's a hormonal teenager and one day she likes everybody and the next day she hates them, mainly her mom and dad. I never imagined how much it would affect me when the slightest thing was wrong with her. How my main focus in life would be to protect her no matter want, to make her feel happiness everyday, to comfort the heck out of her when she feels pain. Those are the overwhelming emotions unimaginable until you have a child of your own. So I definitely suffered from some post traumatic stress Thursday after seeing my tiny, precious baby suffer. She's over it, but it may take me a while to be over it. I am so thankful that she is all better!

And for a developmental milestone: Ella said her first real word yesterday!!! Kristin, Melissa and I took our babies to this great field of thousands of bluebonnets to take pictures (pictures to come) and there was another group of ladies there, 3 of them taking pictures with their babies (a cat and two dogs!). Ella pointed to their dogs and said "dog!" We all heard it and were cheering her on! It was SO precious!

No comments: