Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Dreaded P**

There is one thing in this world that I am confident ALL women hate! I know without a doubt I am right about this one. Heath always lectures me about general statements. I always say things like, "All women hate...." or "No women likes to..." And Heath always says, "No, not all women hate... You can't make general statements like that." Which makes me want to say, "All women hate their husbands." Not really! However, there is no argument about this general statement I am about to make. All women hate getting a p*p sm**r. They do! All of us! If there is a women out there that doesn't hate it, please let me know and I will totally retract this entire post and delete it from my blog.

I had my yearly pap last Thursday afternoon. It took me all week to get pumped up to get there and get it over with. My mom told me a long time ago that it is still dreaded, but it's not as bad after you have a baby because during your pregnancy/labor/birthing you get very used to having everyone and their dog down there. Not the case with me. It really didn't help me dread it any less. So Thursday came and went and I was relieved.

Monday morning I get a call from my doctor's office, which is never good. The lab messed up my pap and "you're going to need to come in this week and do it again"! WHAT?!! NO!! Is this a joke? "We won't charge you for it." Really, really! Because I wanted to give you another 25 bucks for this so unpleasant event! Seriously? In fact, shouldn't you be paying ME something this time!

It's not that I don't like my doctor or his staff! In fact, I love my doctor! There is not a women out there that doesn't hold a soft spot in their heart for the doctor that delivered their baby. (Sorry, more general statements.) This doctor practically becomes part of your family during your pregnancy. You see them more than most family and friends. Once a month, then every two weeks, then once a week and then they are there for the big moment! I was actually very excited about seeing Dr. Clark and bringing Ella to brag about how cute she is and see how much she's grown in the last year. Regardless of how excited I was to see him, when I left his office last Thursday I was more than thrilled about not seeing him for another year.

So you can all think of me tomorrow morning at 8:45 as I go in for #2!

4 comments:

amberburger said...

ahhh! that stinks so bad! i am so sorry that you have to return! and i think you are pretty safe saying all women hate this!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! My Gyno appointment each year is automatically the worst day out of the whole 365. I can't imagine having to do it twice within a week! Ugh. Bless your heart!

Michelle said...

I actually love it! It is the highlight of my year! Just kidding. Who likes that...you know...the device. That thing scares me. I am so sorry you have to go in again. Poo on the lab!

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

YUCK! Sorry you have to do that again!