Thursday, June 28, 2007

Here It Is!

In an hour, Ella and I are headed to her doctor for a "weight check". At her 15 month appointment Ella weighed in the 3% of babies. Anytime a baby is under 5% in any area...head, weight or length, the doctors get a little concerned and want to figure out if there is something going on to contribute besides genetics.

There are some definite things that contribute to Ella's 3% that does not have us concerned.
1. She was 4 weeks early and weighed in at a whopping 4lbs 15oz at birth. She's always been small. Although I have some chubby chubby pictures of her at around 6 months that are adorable. But she's just never been a roley poley baby.
2. Her dad's family is the smallest family I've ever seen. Heath is the tallest at 5'7". His mom doesn't even make it to 5 feet. Ella's destined apparently to be like them.
3. Ella is well proportioned. She is also 20% in height and 15% for head circumference.
4. At her 15 month appointment, Ella was still recovering from her horrible stomach virus that landed her in the hospital and caused her to lose over a pound.

For these reasons, neither the doctor nor myself are real worried about this. Ella eats a lot! But we still have to be careful and are now having to go in for weight checks. Hopefully she will be a little up on the percentages this morning. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

On a totally different note:
My blogging friend Shannon let me know that Hok and Jaimie's dance from Wednesday night was finally on You Tube. So if you missed it or even if you don't watch the show, you will appreciate this talent. Enjoy. And have I already said that I love them and predict one of them will win?

3 comments:

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Keep us updated! Ella Bella is perfect in every way!

MamaCass said...

Believe me I know where you are coming from. Our little man has always been on the smaller side too. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Ella is just petite and perfectly healthy.

Jill Marie said...

First of all, Ella is adorable just the way she is. Second of all, she is supposed to be little, she is a baby. And third of all, what do doctors know? They just want us to worry so we will give them more money to fix a problem that wasn't even a problem to begin with. So, don't worry, she will be fine.