Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Ella!!!!

Today, I have spent the day doing what I imagine most mothers do when their child turns a year older. I am thinking about what we were doing, down to the minute, 2 years ago today. That morning at 6:00 am I woke up having contractions. I spent the next hour timing them just to make sure and it was definitely time. Heath and I got up with the excitement of this is it, packed very quickly, me taking many breaks for each contraction that was growing more intense. We jumped in the car (actually Heath almost had to carry me) and both got on our cell phones to alert family and friends that Ella would come into this world today! I will never forget the way I felt on that drive to the hospital. Despite the obvious of being in a great deal of pain, I was overcome with emotion that this would be the last time I drove anywhere without being a mother. This was the drive that would change our lives forever.

Today I'll continue to think about the contractions I had throughout the day. What the doctors and nurses were doing. The friends and family that had come to help me. How sweet Heath was to massage my back through each contraction. The relief of the epidural that didn't come until I was already dilated to a 7! The moment the doctor told me Ella wasn't going to be able to come out that way and I would need a c-section. And the minute I saw her face for the first time!

One year ago:












This year has brought so much joy to our lives. I couldn't have imagined how much a person can change in one year. This year she took her first step, said her first word and sentence, told us she loves us, grown so close to her friends and talks about them when they are not around, learned to dance and jump, and so much more!


Happy Birthday Ella!! At 3:32 P.M you are going to turn 2 years old! You are such a big girl! We love you more than we could ever tell you! I am so excited to see all the new things you are going to do this year. Your Dada and I have been praying for you and for this next year of your life. We are trusting the Lord has some amazing things planned for us this year and that we will be blessed with even more joy!

I love you! Mama

15 comments:

MamaCass said...

Yay! Ella, today you are two. What a privilege it is to know you and your family. Happy Birthday! Janelle it only gets better I promise. Have fun today.

Lindsee Lou said...

Janelle-

This is precious. I can only imagine what it's like to be a Momma!

Happy Birthday, Ella! I hope this day that you turn 2 is just fabulous. (As fabulous as it could be for a 2 year old!)

Much love y'alls way!

Lindsee

Heather said...

Happy birthday Ella! Hope you had a wonderful 2nd birthday!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Happy 2ND Birthday sweet Ella girl!!!

I love your bangs big girl:)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Happy Birthday, Ella! Just reading what you wrote brought back all the memories of the day she was born for me too. What a blessing!

Angela Baylis said...

Dear Janelle,
Oh, that was so so sweet! Isn't it funny how you can remember every detail of that day? You'll remember it forever! We are so blessed by being mothers. Happy Birthday, to your beautiful daughter, Ella!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Ella! Love you all!

Murrell Family said...

Happy Birthday, Ella! We love you and are so glad that you are a part of our lives!

Kevin and Christie said...

YEAH!! Happy birthday to you Ella!! Jude says Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday big girl!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Ella!! May the next year be full of wonderment and God's blessings!!!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! May God bless you with a heart for Him this year, as you learn your first verses and sing many more songs about Jesus.

What a happy year this will be--filled with lots of new things to learn and much fun with family and friends!!
Praying for you, Ella-girl!
holly

Ang said...

Happy birthday one day late to sweet Ella! It has been so much fun watching you grow these past two years!

Jessica said...

God has given you a gift in little Ella! Only God could have knit together such a perfectly wonderful family! Congratulations! I know as you celebrate another year of Ella's life, God must be smiling on you for taking care of his daughter so well! : )

Helen said...

That made me cry. How sweet!! Does it even feel like 2 years have gone by? I'm not ready to even think of it.