Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Saying Goodbye to Las Colinas

Sadly, the time came when Heath and I had to move from our apartment in Las Colinas. I am a very sentimental person, so having to say goodbye to a place where we lived for 2 years and has piles of memories is just hard for me to handle. The hardest of leaving was that this is the home we brought Ella to for the first time. Here is an excerpt from "The Girlfriends Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood". It describes exactly how I feel about our first home with Ella.

"Before you walk into your home with your new baby, stop and mentally photograph this house or apartment building so that you can keep it in your heart forever. In this mobile society of ours, there's a good chance that your child will not live in this place till she goes to college. You may move two or three more times during her childhood, especially if you find you like this mothering business and have more kids. But this will always be Bethlehem to you, the place where your family was born. You may not know it yet, but your most precious memories are about to be created here, and in years to come you will have forgotten if it had bad plumbing or funny shag carpeting. It's where you brought your first child. Welcome home!"

I'm not very good and expressing my feelings in words, so I love when I can find someone else's words that can describe exactly how I feel.

When the time came for Heath and I to say goodbye, we walked through each room with Ella and cried and told memories that we had in each one of those rooms. It was a sweet time. We loved that apartment. It was such a fun place to live. But there's always a time to move on.


Our front door

















Ella crashed after her long day of packing up her room.

Painting our rooms back to their original color


Our beautiful pool and view from our balcony. This is what I will miss the most. It was always so peaceful to look out of our living onto this, espcially during the many many sunsets I saw when Ella was first born.




Our balcony

No comments: