Saturday, April 04, 2009

Lots of Birthday Love!

I am 2 days into my 30's and it has been great so far!

I actually went CAMPING with 35 college students last night on my 30th birthday. CAMPING...I know I can hardly believe it either. My hubby and I volunteer in the college department at our church and this camping trip had been planned for months.

I actually laughed out loud when our college minister asked me to go. I told him, "There is no way that I am going camping period, let alone on my birthday." But it's amazing how a person's heart can change and I actually really wanted to go and was excited about it.

We had a great time, even though I did spend the first night of this new decade of mine sleeping in a tent in a sleeping bag. But maybe this is a premonition of many more adventures that will occur in the next 10 years for me.

Tonight my hubby threw me a FABULOUS birthday party!! We had some friends over with all of their children. So I'm pretty sure Ella will think from now on that when it is Mommy's birthday she gets to play with 10 of her friends with all of her toys and a fabulous bounce house in the backyard. (Thanks Jared and Krystal!)

I had such a great time and am so thankful for my sweet friends that came to celebrate this new era with me. And so thankful for my hubby and the delicious guacamole, queso, salsa & fajitas he made us all!!! YUM! It was heavenly.

Tomorrow I am off to Kansas with my mom & Ella!! My cousin Soni had a baby on MY birthday!! Isn't that a great present? I'm so excited to share my birthday with sweet Alexandria Dawn and can't wait to meet her tomorrow. Please pray for safe travel for us.

Thank you so much for ALL the birthday wishes. Y'all made this 30 year old feel so special!

post signature

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Yay for the good birthday!!!!

Have fun in Kansas!

Helen said...

Camping wasn't so bad, was it? I LOVE camping!! Not so much the ticks that we encountered once... but I digress. ;)

pinkmommy said...

Sorry I'm late! Happy 30th! Mine is in September and I am already stressed about it!