Monday, January 03, 2011

Quick List Update

I definitely took a break from my blog this month. Not really on purpose, December just really went by quickly. Also, Ella suffered from a really bad ear infection that stemmed from her left ear drum that busted a couple of months ago. So that consumed a week of this December.

Here's a quick update on what's going on with us:

1. We had a great Christmas with family. I'll post pictures soon. The month of December was full of fun events with sweet Ella.

2. 2011 is here. I don't think there has been a year that I can remember that I so desperately was ready for. I have no idea what 2011 will hold for us, the trials we will come across. But 2010 was a bit of a beating in a lot of areas of my life. Full of ups and downs. The Lord did some major pruning in me and it was hard and it was tiring. He is absolutely not done with me either. There are still some things I am working through that when I woke up on 1/1/11, I was well aware that they are still there. So I'm glad 2010 is behind me and I'm feeling renewed and refreshed for 2011! Anyone else?

3. Yesterday, Heath and I took part in a really cool and powerful thing at our church. Have y'all ever heard of Cardboard Testimonies? If not, I strongly suggest you google it and watch a You Tube clip. It WILL move you. Our church did this yesterday and our pastor asked Heath and I, along with 12 other families, to be one of the testimonies. It was one of my favorite mornings ever of life. I will go into this more on a later post when I can publish our video, but it was a life impacting morning. I'm so thankful for our redeeming testimony and the redeeming testimonies of the other families that shared yesterday!

4. We are getting VERY close to being licensed foster parents. We have 2 more things to turn in. So it should be this month. Praying desperately for God's direction on this.

Well, I thought this list would be a lot longer, but I can't think of anything else. I hope you had a great Christmas and new year filled with new hope and renewal for 2011.

Love,

post signature

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I can't wait to see all your Christmas pictures!