Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Christmas Eve '09

I realize these Christmas posts are so late, but I figured if I got it in before February I was doing pretty good.

We had a GREAT Christmas this year. We started a tradition 3 years ago when Ella was a baby that all sides of the family would spend Christmas together at my parent's house. So Heath's mom and sisters, me, Heath & Ella all pile into my parent's house Christmas Eve and are together until Christmas night. It works out so well because none of them can stand being away from our little cutie pie Christmas morning. And I feel especially blessed that I have a family and in laws that get along so well and can actually do this!

This Christmas Eve & day was the Angel's side of the family's year. (My dad's side of the family).

They came in Christmas Eve just before our big snow storm hit! And I do say storm even though y'all from the north are probably rolling your eyes and laughing at me. But it was SO awesome. A WHITE CHRISTMAS! It just was so perfect.

We have a wonderful Christmas Eve tradition. We have a nice Christmas Eve dinner and all just hang out. Then we can relax all day Christmas day and eat leftovers. It works out really well.

This year, Christmas Eve morning we took Ella to Bass Pro to see Santa. I couldn't believe we hadn't taken her to see Santa yet, but our yearly tradition of Santa on the Roof which produced such a picture like this:
was not able to happen this year. So we had to seek out Santa elsewhere.

Bass Pro was a pretty good alternative. They had lots of fun stuff for the kids to do. Like look at their giant fish tank.


And ride the reindeer carousel.






When we got home, this is what my parent's backyard had turned into. A winter wonderland.


We bundled Ella up and headed out.




Even our dog Jones enjoyed the snow.


Heath & Ella had a snowball fight.




My sister, Michelle, had so much fun with Ella!


Aunt Michelle teaching Ella how to throw a snowball.




Heath "accidentally" wacked Michelle right in the eye with a snowball. He ran over apologizing but I think it was an act. :-)






A full house for Christmas Eve dinner.


My precious Granddad reading the Christmas story.




And of course, Santa's cookies and milk set up right before bedtime.



post signature

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Bass Pro shop hires some legit Santas! :)

sanjeet said...

I never would have guessed how cold it was otherwise
What a doll!!

Work from home India

Helen said...

The pics in the snow - what an amazing Christimas memory!!