Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Undeniable Randomness

First, thank you so much for your prayers and sweet words for my upcoming Honduras trip! I can NOT believe that in the prayer request section I didn't ask for prayer for my overwhelming sadness over leaving Ella for 7 days! It's kind of consuming me. BUT, it's not going to bring me down. The Lord showed me this verse last week and although I'm probably taking it totally out of context, it's been a comfort to me.

"He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him." Psalm 126:6 (NIV)
"Those who went off with heavy hearts will come home laughing, with armloads of blessing." Psalm 126:6 (The Message)

So I may go weeping and with heavy heart, but the Lord is promising me joy! :-)

Second, Ella and I are feeling better. I went to the good doctor this morning and got myself some antibiotics and a tetanus shot. Isn't that combo the cure for the common cold. Actually, the tetanus shot is for Honduras. Thank you again for your prayers for this situation!

I will leave you with some sweet videos of my baby girl singing. The other day she was playing on the floor and busted out with the entire verse and chorus of Jesus Loves Me. I thought I had just flashed forward 3 years. I looked at her and said, "I'm sorry, did you just turn 5." How is she all of the sudden singing songs? By the time I get back from Honduras she'll probably be able to sing Handel's Hallelujah Chorus in its entirety. Oh, I'm gonna miss this sweet girl.

"Jesus Loves Me"


"ABCs"


"Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"

And please excuse the very embarrasing growling voice from me. Remember I've been sick. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to you. :-)

post signature

12 comments:

Amy said...

that is so precious...and something I can't wait for...to hear Landry's voice...and the first time I hear her sing Jesus Loves Me, well, I am sure I will just be a crying, blubbering idiot! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet baby girl! I love it. The ABCs were the best. I love how they can be so interested in the something and then, poof, I need a drink and they are off on something else. LOVE IT!

Lindsee Lou said...

The videos are undeniably precious. Like seriously!

Prayed for you last night as I drove to Huntsville. It was a nice long car ride with no ipod or radio! :) Good to know you are leaving Ella so we can pray for that too! (Although I did go ahead and pray for that anyway!)

Much love!

Thanks for sharing your sweet girl with us!

Lindsee

MamaCass said...

Oh my goodness that is too cute. She is a word whiz. I am glad you guys are feeling better. I love those verses you shared and I think they are quite perfect for this situation.

Heather said...

I remember the first time I left my boy and then both. Oh it was hard. And I could call them daily, ok multiple times daily! :) I'll be praying for you as you are away from your girl! what a sweet verse to hold close as I know God will use you in amazing ways and you will come back so full of joy. Mission trips always leave me on a mountain top and ready for more.

Darlene R. said...

How cute! She is precious.
I know how hard it is to leave for so many days, but she will be fine and so will you. :) I'll pray for a calmness within you while you're away!

Murrell Family said...

She is so precious! I love hearing her sing...I can't believe she is already singing songs!

kittyhox said...

I'm so glad you captured that on tape! Adorable. What a smartie!!

I didn't realize you were traveling without Ella! Oh my goodness. Wow. I can't think about that. May God give you the strength you need for the trip and may he bless your socks off and bring you home singing songs of joy!

Angela Baylis said...

That is SO SO sweet, Janelle! You take me back to the days when I used to spend hours, HOURS video taping my kids playing and singing! I think people would think I was nuts if I went back and posted them 23 years later, but it's tempting! Thank you for sharing the best of times!

Love,
Angie xoxo

connorcolesmom said...

That is so sweet!! I love the ABC one where she cheers for you when you finish the song - LOL!
She is precious!!
Kim

Melissa said...

Okay - Toby and I just watched this and he said, "Ella is so precious!!!" And I have to agree!

FordeFam said...

Soooo sweet!!! That is one of my favorite things to hear...sweet singing babies!!! Check out Psalm 8!!! :) One of my favorites!