Thursday, March 27, 2008

Goodbye Long Hair

I'm sitting on the couch, next to my husband as "we" are supposed to be watching The Bourne Ultimatum. But what typically happens when we sit down to watch a movie is that I start the movie cuddled up with my husband with good intentions to watch it, but then my ADD kicks in and my hands have to be moving. So I always run to grab my computer only 5 minutes into each movie and drive my husband CRAZY as I lose track of the movie (asking him questions along the way to try to catch up) and type away next to him. I can't help it. It's a sickness! I need help!

So tomorrow at 10:00 AM, I have an appointment to get my hair cut and highlighted. It has been since October that I've been to the hairdresser. I know, I know. Some would consider that a sin. I've decided that I'm chopping it off into what I hope turns out to be a cute bob. I haven't had my hair short since I was a freshman in college. Whenever Heath and I are looking back at old college photos, he ALWAYS comments on how much he liked my hair short. It only took him a good decade to get me to finally cut again and tomorrow's the day.

Wish me luck, I'm nervous. I'm mainly nervous because I am also saying goodbye to the blonde highlights I've been getting forever. I just can not keep up with them these days. So I'm going dark! My blonde highlights from October are almost down to my ears and I just can not repeat a travesty like that again.

I will post pictures tomorrow afternoon, even if it's awful.



post signature

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Ultimate haircut! Repeat: ultimate haircut!

Heather said...

I'm sure it will look great! I hadn't had a hair color since early 2004 ... some things went out the window when #1 was born and we went to one income. It felt so good to get one while we were on vacation. My hair thanked me! :) Cant wait to see pics!

Linsey said...

Yeah!! I am so excited. Make sure you take before and after pictures. It was great talking to you yesterday.

Amy said...

you'd be cutie pie even if you were bald!

can't wait to see the new do!

pinkmommy said...

I cannot wait to see it!!!

pinkmommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Murrell Family said...

I can't wait to see the new do! I'm sure you will look great!

Anonymous said...

Janelle - I found your blog through Amanda's (I've known her family for years - my mom works for LPM). Anyway...I could so relate to this quote of yours...

but then my ADD kicks in and my hands have to be moving. So I always run to grab my computer only 5 minutes into each movie and drive my husband CRAZY as I lose track of the movie (asking him questions along the way to try to catch up) and type away next to him. I can't help it. It's a sickness! I need help!

Ha! I cannot remember the last time I was not watching TV, on the laptop, reading a book and doing laundry all at the same time!