Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Last Day of School

This past week was Ella's very last day of Preschool. In 3 SHORT months my sweet baby girl will be going to a big kid school. A big kid school...my little girl. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel like I'm being punched in the stomach every single time I think about that.

Ella has attended the same preschool for the past 2 years and it has been AMAZING! We have loved this school. It was the perfect balance of fun and learning. And they are so sweet with the kids.

The school planned a field day for the last day. Heath and volunteered for the last half of the day, which was SO fun to get to spend her last few hours as a pre-k with her.

Pictures as we walked out the door that morning. Next time I take a pic like this it will be before she heads out for her first day of kindergarten and I will be the one bawling trying to steady the camera.




Hair painting! This just made her day.


Making a sand cross.


The bubble station


Ella and Abby. Her best girl friend from her class.


Face painting station




Pizza party!! YUM! Another pic of Ella and Abby.


Daddy helping pass out more pizza


Ella's 2 wonderful teachers from this year!


Ella getting stuff out of her drawer in her classroom for the last time.


A picture that her friend Abby drew her. Isn't that so sweet?


Ella getting her backpack out of her cubby for the last time. Tear! Can you tell I'm struggling with this change? My husband was seriously annoyed the whole day with my dramatic response to this being her last day. Ha!




One last pose.


So deep breath for next year. Any encouragement would be appreciated, moms? Ha!

post signature

4 comments:

Big Mama said...

She is just darling.

And I know it's bittersweet, but I promise it just gets better.

Kelli said...

She is so precious.

I can't even fathom Caroline in kinder. I am going to offer many prayers and then seek your encouragement in two years!! :)

connorcolesmom said...

oh bless your heart!!
she is so precious and it does get
easier.
I had a much harder time knowing that my boys were no longer in preschool than I did knowing they were starting "big" school
Somehow it was just better ...
You are a wonderful mom and I know you take the time to cherish these special and wonderful days and honestly that is what matters :)

Ella is one blessed little girl to have you for her mom!
Much love

Tara G. said...

Melanie is right- it gets better and better!! Psalm 84:11 and Joshua 1:9 (it's such a relief He even goes with us moms EVERYwhere- literal and figurative!!)