Friday, April 22, 2011

My Little Maestro!

A few months ago at Ella's school they had a day where the kids got to dress up like what they want to be when they grow up. Leading up to this day, I explained this to Ella and asked how she would like to dress up.

She very confidently responded, "Like a director". An orchestra director. I laughed so hard because it is just not one of the more common things a 4 year would choose to be when that 4 year old grows up. She said just like her Granddad and Mr. Will (who is the choir director at our church.)

So we started working on her costume!


She was so happy! Her eyes lit up when we handed her the baton that Daddy went out and got her.






I thought this was so special because music runs deep in Ella's genealogy. I grew up with a Dad who was a music minister my whole life. He also was a trombone major in college!! Have you ever met a trombone major? Ha! And he comes from a family of very talented singers. He has passed some of that along to my sister and I and now to Ella! I love that this passion for music is something we will be able share together, hopefully for a long time.

post signature

2 comments:

Kelli said...

She is SO PRECIOUS.

I am married to a trombone major. LOL. Well kind of... he switched to engineering his junior year... :)

Tara G. said...

I've hung out plenty with them, but praise the Lord I never dated one! ha! I have degrees in tpt performance and was a band director for a while, so this is precious to me!