Thursday, October 04, 2007

This and That!

First, let me say that y'all totally cracked me up with your comments about how that last picture of Ella (in the previous post) looks like she's strutting down the runway/trying out for America's Next Top Model, which by the way is one of my favorite shows! I never even thought about that and now every time I look at that picture I can't stop laughing. So thank you!

Second, y'all brought some interesting thoughts to the subject of doctors/medicine. I really appreciate all of the wisdom and advice! You guys are amazing!

Third, roofers came to our house yesterday while my husband and I were at work to put a new roof on due to hail damage from some monster storms Texas had back in June. If I was home while they were here I would DEFINITELY, without a doubt would have noticed this, but since I was not home, it was unavoidable. When the roofers, that I am trying to think nice thoughts about at this moment, removed our satellite dish from our roof, upon finishing the roof they bolted the dish down facing the WRONG DIRECTION! Every satellite dish on our street faces SOUTH. They are clearly visible. But ours now faces NORTH. Which means, until they get back out here to fix their mistake, we have no television. Does that make anybody else feel a little panicked? Thankful (not really) for my t.v. addiction, I have plenty of shows saved in my TIVO that I can finally catch up on while we are no longer able to watch/record new shows. The worst part is, THE OFFICE COMES ON TONIGHT!! THE OFFICE. I did jump on nbc.com earlier to make sure I could watch the episode online, but that still means I have to wait until they post it on their website and that could be like 2 or 3 days. What am I to do? Sunni and Amanda, if I didn't have a baby to feed, bathe and put to bed tonight I would be banging down one of y'alls doors!

Forth, my church's annual Women's retreat is this weekend. I am the assistant to our Women's Minister which means this retreat has been as much of me these past few weeks as air and food. Part of me will be happy when it's over, but it is going to be a TON of fun! There are 200 hundred ladies going and we're just going to have so much fun! The funny part is, the retreat committee asked me to be the photographer for the weekend. It's funny because the only reason I was asked was because I now own a fancy schmancy camera. But looks are deceiving because I still don't know anything about it except how to point, focus and shoot. I also was asked to be the photographer for our upcoming Father/Daughter Brunch. Haha. I wonder if I can fool them all into thinking I actually know what I am doing.

That's about it for now. I hope y'all have a great weekend. I'm sure I'll have some good stories from this weekend. Anytime a group of girlfriends get to stay together for a weekend at a retreat center there's bound to be some good stories.

I should go. I have some reading to catch up on....the manual to the Canon Rebel.

7 comments:

AbbyLane said...

well the pictures that i've seen look great! so i guess just keep pretending cause you're doing a good job!

and what is it about top model? i never really watched it, and then i caught a random marathon one day and now i'm obsessed!! (same as the dallas cowboy cheerleaders...i would have done good to have not found that one either!)

Lindsee Lou said...

I won't talk too much about The Office, but it was great! Hope you get to catch up on the shows. But seriously, they really faced it the wrong way?! Cracks me up.

Have fun being a photographer this weekend. Who knows, maybe you'll be a professional photographer one day and have one of those cute lil' photographer web pages that I love! :)

The father/daughter brunch will be great. My chuch had a father/daughter dinner this summer and my dad and I were the MC's. :)

Have fun this weekend!

Lindsee

MamaCass said...

How fun! You will be our photographer. I am so looking forward to this weekend. It will be nice to fellowship with everyone. Hopefully they come back soon to fix your satellite

pinkmommy said...

Have a fun weekend with your rebel!

I am so sorry about your satelite. I would not know what to do without mine.

Heather said...

Hello new photographer :) Hope your weekend went away and you got some great pics.

As for your satellite...hubs and I would have not known what to do ... Greys is on thursdays! plus he would have been slightly worried that they would not have made it in time for the football games that weekend! :)

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

You are getting some good opportunities to practice on your phat camera! good for you!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I can totally relate on going without Dish..We were sans tv for two weeks when we moved to Alabama. We watched Star Wars Episodes 1-6 at least 4 dozen times. I still cry when Darth Vader dies now that I know he was once sweet Anakin. Yeah, I know. Pathetic.

Hope your retreat is a smash..I know you girls will have a blast!

much love!
Lisa